About the Workshop
D-CODE “Tech It-Up!” is a 1-day workshop conducted as part of D-Code initiative. The workshop aims to help businesses to adapt to technology which covers free online tools, demonstration on using these tools to improvise business operations, available free online courses and on how to utilise social media for business marketing. The workshop will have three components as below:
Inspirational TalkOn Coding & Technology
Market PlaceA platform for
entrepreneurs to promote
their businesses via live
pitching to all participants
(Open mic session)
Tech SessionsExperts provide insights &
demonstration on using
online tools, free resources
available from Google, etc.
Participants can choose either to attend the workshop on 14th Dec 2013 OR 15th Dec 2013 from 8:30am-4.30pm at Mini Auditorium, Block B, Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UniRazak), Kuala Lumpur.
Who should attend the workshop?
(i) This workshop is designed for students, startups, SMEs, social enterprise and any businesses that would like to adopt technology in their business.
(ii) Open to Malaysian and non-Malaysian.
Why you should attend the workshop?
- Participants will be well informed and inspired by how technology can help move forward their business
- Participants will benefit from getting useful advice, tips, demonstrations and guidance from tech experts during sessions.
- Participants will have a chance to promote their business & network in a more facilitated manner during the ‘marketplace’ session
Welcome & Briefing by StartupMalaysia.org
Inspirational Talk “How Technology Can Boost Your Small Business” by Evan Tan, Regional Director for Southeast Asia, Freelancer.com
Tech Session I: Benefiting Free Tools from Google by Marcus Foon, Founder, Google Business Group (Malaysia)
Tech Session II: Virtual Meetings – Get more done FOC by Evelyn Samuel, Manager, Google Business Group (Kuala Lumpur)
Tech Session III: Reduce admin costs with Google Apps by Lingesh Sathasivam, Trainer for Google Web Academy & Founder of Google Business Group (Kuantan)
Tech Session IV: Leverage Social Media by Marcus Foon, Founder, Google Business Group (Malaysia)
Tech Session V: Free Online Learning by Wemel Cumavoo, co-founder & CEO, MyMobileUni.com
Closing Remarks by StartupMalaysia.org
* Market Place: a platform for entrepreneurs to promote their businesses via live pitching to all participants (open mic session).
- Only 20 participants will be able to pitch during this ‘marketplace’ session each day (total of 40 participants for two days), thus, we encourage you to come early and register for a slot during the registration time (8.30am)
- If you’re successful in getting a slot, you will have to limit your pitch to a maximum of 3-mins only. The organisers are very strict with the time and we will stop you as soon as your time finishes. Please prepare for your pitch before attending the event and we thank you for your cooperation.
We got more to offer (thanks to our partners!):
- What you can get…
50 lucky entrepreneurs will get access to millions of freelancers worldwide that would help them to enhance their business via the 6-month Premium Membership offered by Freelancer.com
- How can you get it…
1. Bring your business card and drop it with us when you register in the morning
2. We will draw 25 business cards per day throughout the day and you can just be the lucky one to win this offer from Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com will provide online business coaching/ mentorship for selected 20 entrepreneurs
1. You will have to fill up an online form providing information on your business (link to the online form will be given during the event)
2. Experts from Freelancer.com will then select 20 businesses to provide business coaching online (selected entrepreneurs will be informed in Jan 2014)
20 Selected Entreprenuers to get a FREE mobile website sponsored by MyMobileUniversity
A mobile website is very important for a business these days. Right Now potential customers are trying to find them on the mobile phones…but many do not have a mobile compliant website. As you know mobile devices have transformed our lives the way we communicate, learn, play and do business! Mobile internet use is exploding! Companies are losing sales and customers without a mobile friendly web site. Remember, mobile customers are on the go. When they are looking for something on your website, they want it now. If it doesn’t load properly, or if they have problems navigating, they will end up going to a competitor’s website instead.
You will have to attend the session and at the end of the session information on how to register and get this offer will be announced. (10 entrepreneur will be selected each day)
Exclusive laptop bag from GBG Kuala Lumpur for 20 participants
If you attend the sessions diligently and participate actively, the speakers/ trainers will giveaway the bags (selected by the session trainers)
For any queries, please contact Anthony David, Program Director, StartupMalaysia.org (email@example.com)