INCUBATETo help them go global/ go to market.> GIST Startup Bootcamp
After the success of Silicon Valley Comes to Malaysia, StartupMalaysia.org in partnership with Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) brings another international event to Kuala Lumpur for startups in Malaysia. The GIST Startup Bootcamp series in Indonesia and Malaysia are part of the GIST initiative that the non-profit, CRDF Global (www.crdfglobal.org) implements in 43 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Southeast and Central Asia.
This bootcamp will bring together 30 startups (approx.100) entrepreneurs, journalist, high-level mentors, international speakers from US and important local key players in entrepreneurship scene in Malaysia. In line with this bootcamp, two parallel workshops will also be taking place. A workshop for journalist on covering startup news which hopefully will bridge the gap between media and striving entrepreneurs & a workshop for mentors on how to effectively mentor startup entrepreneurs.
- Leadership trainer and executive coach Jim Bagnola discusses the major myths about leading and how to counter them
- President of HealthCare California Harry G. Harris speaks about entrepreneurial ecosystem building and business plan preparation
- MIT & Harvard alum Ovidiu Bujorean shares the practical skill of building your professional networkc
- Forbes Asia and National Geographic journalist Donald Frazier cover emerging technology trends and promising startups
- Silicon Valley entrepreneur Gibs Song shares his experience starting and growing IT and cleantech companies
- NETWORK with the best and the brightest entrepreneurial minds from Malaysia & the US
- BOND with your peers and future business partners
- INTERACT with people like YOU through the GIST NETWORK
- Entrepreneurs participate in pitching competition to win scholarships to attend an acceleration camp in Silicon Valley, USA for 4 week & meet potential investors
- Journalists raise awareness of high impact entrepreneurs who are bringing change
- Mentors nurture the next generation of technology entrepreneurs of your country